The master control port boot time I/O block allows communication with multiple external devices during DSP program initialization. Typically this block is used to configure an external device like a converter or codec. Communication (read or write) over the master control port bus (i2c or SPI) occurs only once at start-up of the DSP program, and prior to audio processing. Note that currently the module supports only I2C. The data transferred between host and device is defined in a SigmaStudio sequence file which can be generated using the SigmaStudio sequence window.
1) Drag the block into a schematic design.
2) Click the Configure… button and select the required protocol and settings for the external device.
3) Select a “Sequence File” that defines the desired communication with the device.
4) Click “OK”. The control port data will be embedded in the DSP program.
5) Add multiple instances to configure multiple slaves during the initialization.
6) Change the Slave Number in the module to configure the sequence in which the instances are executed.
Protocol: The master control port bus protocol (SPI or I2C) of the slave device.
Bitrate: The master control port bus speed (I2C max 1000kHz, SPI max 20MHz).
Device Address: Chip address for I2C.
Sub-Address Bytes: External devices address size, for example 16-bit addressing 2-byte, 24-bit addressing 3-byte.
(SPI) R/W (Chip Address) Bytes: Command bytes is applicable, usually a 1-byte instruction for read, write, erase, etc.
(SPI) Write instruction: Instruction value for a write operation (0x0 for ADI audio devices, typically 0x2 for eeprom/flash)
(SPI) Read instruction: Instruction value for a read operation (0x1 for ADI audio devices, typically 0x3 for eeprom/flash)
(SPI) Write-Enable instruction: Instruction value for device write-enable operation (ignored for Master Control Port I/O Boot)
(SPI) Chip Erase instruction: Instruction value for device chip erase operation (ignored for Master Control Port I/O Boot)
(SPI) Chip Erase Time: Time delay required for chip erase to complete (ignored for Master Control Port I/O Boot)
Sequence File: Device write/read sequence to execute at boot time, define and save this file from SigmaStudio's sequence window.