* Please note the ADS7-V1EBZ is obsolete and no longer manufactured or supported by Analog Devices. All High Speed ADC Products previously using the ADS7-V1EBZ have migrated to the newer ADS7-V2EBZ Evaluation Platform *
The ADS7-V1 Evaluation Board was developed to support the evaluation of Analog Devices high speed A/D converters, D/A converters and Transceivers with JESD204B bit rates up to 12.5 Gbps. This Wiki site provides a high level overview of the platform. In addition, each use case of the board has its own section (e.g. Using the ADS7-V1 for HIgh Speed A/D Converter Evaluation). The ADS7-V1 is intended to be used only with specified Analog Devices Evaluation Boards. The ADS7-V1 is not intended to be used as a development platform, and no support is available for standalone operation. Please refer to Xilinx and its approved distribuitors for FPGA Development Kits.
1. Xilinx Virtex-7 XC7VX690T-FFG1761 FPGA (693,120 logic cells).
2. Two(2) FMC-HPC connectors.
3. Ten(10) 13.1 Gbps transceivers per FMC-HPC connector.
4. Two(2) DDR3-1866 DIMMs.
5. Simple USB port interface (2.0).
Figure 1. ADS7-V1EBZ High Speed Evaluation Board
When connected to a specified Analog Devices high speed adc evaluation board, the ADS7-V1 works as a data acquistion board. Designed to support the highest speed JESD204B A/D Converters, the FPGA on the ADS7-V1 acts as the data receiver, while the ADC is the data transmitter. A typical test setup is shown below.
Figure 2. ADS7-V1 connected to High Speed A/D Converter Evaluation Board
The ADC data sheets and User Guides provide additional product specific information and should be consulted when using the evaluation board. All documents and software tools are available at High Speed ADC Eval Boards. For additional information or questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refer to the Analog Devices High Speed ADC capture board product page at High Speed ADC Eval Boards for a table of ADS7-V1EBZ compatible ADC evaluation boards.