This is an old revision of the document!
2021_r2 Release Image
1. Kuiper image does not extend to the capacity of SD Card.
Workaround: This happens when first use of a new created SD card is on a development board. If you see that the root fs partition is not extended to the SD card size minus 2 GB (fixed size of boot partition), just open a terminal and type:
2. Writing SD cards with Balena Etcher (version 1.7.9) from Windows10 or Ubuntu Disk Image Writer from Ubuntu 20.04/ 22.04 may give an error at the end, on validating SD card.
Even so, SD cards should be written properly, so you can ignore it. As alternatives you can use Win32 Disk Imager (version 1.0) from Windows or 'dd' command from linux systems.
3. Video output may not work. There are two scripts that can be run in Kuiper terminal: enable_dummy_display.sh - which is used to create a display for zynq based boards and fix_x11.sh - which is used to create display for zynqmp based boards. Running the one for zynq on a zynqmp device or vice versa will broke video output. The solution is to delete the wrong created file if there exists (/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/xorg.conf is created by enable_dummy_display.sh and /etc/X11/xorg.conf is created by fix_x11.sh).
Also, if image is not shown properly using Display Port, check here the list of monitors supported by Xilinx
4. Keyboard layout may revert back to English(UK) - default one. This is expected behavior in Raspberry Pi OS ( you can find the whole discussion here ).
5. On Arria10 SOC with cn0506_mii, IPs are not assigned on both ports even if dhcp is enabled.
6. IIO-Oscilloscope v0.15 has an error regarding reading from DAC buffer. Previous version - v0.14 - should work fine. Newer versions, until v0.16 will be built, can be downloaded from github actions artifacts.
|Kuiper base image
Analog Devices provides online support for anyone using Analog Devices reference designs via EngineerZone