CCES supplies the project for the initialization requirements for the ADSP-BF707 EZ-Kit Lite, which can be modified to support custom boards with other CLKIN values and/or alternative DDR memory. The project can be found in the \Blackfin\ldr\init_code\BF707_init\BF707_init_vxx directory, where the xx indicates the board revision being used. For this exercise of generating a loader file, no modifications to the code are necessary, but the DXE file will need to be built if it hasn’t been built before. To do this, open the BF707_init_vxx project and build it. After it builds, the BF707_init_vxx.dxe file will be generated in the \Debug directory of the project. Note the path to this DXE file, as it will be required later.
With the initialization DXE generated and the application DXE finalized, the loader file must be created:
1. Select the Project → Build Configurations → Set Active → Debug pull-down menu
2. In the Project Explorer view, right-click on the project name and select Properties
3. In the Properties window, go to the C/C++ Build → Settings page and select the Build Artifact tab. Under Artifact Type, select Loader File.
4. On the Tool Settings tab, go to the CrossCore Blackfin Loader → General page and input the settings as follows:
<CCES Root> \Blackfin\ldr\init_code\BF707_init\BF707_init_v00\Debug\BF707_init_v00.dxe
Figure 2. Loader File Settings in Project Properties
6. Use the Project → Build Project pull-down menu to generate the LDR file for the project.
With the loader image generated, it is ready to be programmed into the boot source memory, which will require use of the Command-Line Device Programmer (CLDP).