The ADCMXL Evaluation Software enables PC-based evaluation of the ADcmXL3021, using the following hardware: a ADcmXL3021 interface board (ADCMXL_BRKOUT/PCBZ), FX3 Eval iSensor breakout board and a Cypress FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit. See the picture below for evaluation kit.
Installation Guide can be downloaded here: EVAL-ADCMXL KIT INSTALLATION GUIDE
User Guide can be downloaded here:
EVAL-ADCMXL KIT USER GUIDE
ADCMXL_BRKOUT/PCBZ breakout board and rest of the EVAL-ADCM evaluation system. The picture above shows how to connect the evaluation kit.
The following two options are available to be used to evaluate the ADcmXL3021 and can be ordered by contacting an ADI distributor to place the order.
For simple breakout of the ADcmXL3021 flex tail connector to header pins.
NOTE: The ADcmXL3021 module is required to be ordered separately.
Includes ADCMXL_BRKOUT/PCBZ and additional hardware to use ADI evaluation software.
The ADCMXL_BRKOUT/PCBZ is a breakout board that has a Hirose DF12(3.0)-14DP-05V(86) receptor which accepts the mating connector on the flex tail of the ADcmXL3021 Module. This breaks out the connections from the ADcmXL3021 module to a 16 pin 2mm header connector. This is available as an option in the case that the user has an existing backend available to power, configure and capture directly to the ADcmXL3021 and needs an interface option to connect to the Hirose header without soldering to the module. The 14 pin, 0.5 mm pitch Hirose connector has the pin configuration shown in Figure below. The ADCMXL_BRKOUT/PCBZ silk screen and schematic are available for download using the links below.
ADcmXL3021 Hirose connector pinout
ADCMXL_BRKOUT/PCBZ Top Silk Screen
The EVAL-ADCM is an orderable kit that includes the evaluation hardware. It includes the following:
- ADcmXL3021 module
- ADCMXL_BRKOUT/PCBZ (more details above)
- ADcmXL FX3 Interface board
- Cypress FX3 Evaluation Kit
- Acrylic mounting plate (2”x3”)
- 8 Mounting screws (SCREW, PAN HEAD PHILLIPS, M2.5X6MM)
- 2” long Ribbon cable, 16 pin conductor, 2mm connector pitch (required for RTS Mode communications link)
- 12” long Ribbon cable, 16 pin conductor, 2mm connector pitch
NOTE: The ADcmXL3021 uses the following Hirose connector and would require the following mating plug: DF12(3.0)–14DS–0.5V(86) – Hirose Receptacle – will be used on flex tail of product DF12(3.0)–14DP–0.5V(86) – Hirose Plug – to be used on customer boards, test, eval boards, etc.
Vibration Evaluation Software installation only requires two downloads:
1. Download and unzip the file called FX3Driver.zip (click here to see the download link)
(click here to download fx3driver.zip)
2. Run DriverSetup.exe
3. Download and unzip the file called “ADCMXL Evaluation Software _revision.zip”, where revision is currently identified as “2_1_8”
(click here to download ADCMXL_EVALUATION_SOFTWARE_2_1_8.zip)
4. Connect the evaluation setup to the computer
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10
- .NET Framework 3.5