This document explains about the hardware and software setup, which is required to interface a ADF7030 radio transceiver with the EV-COG-AD3029LZ using SPI protocol. The entire setup is made simple with the use of AD-GEAR-DISPLAY1Z, which contains the slots for the ADF7030 Daughter Card.
The hardware details cover the COG jumper settings and also the pin mapping between the ADF7030-1 Daughter card and the EV-COG-AD3029LZ. The software details cover the software development kit required and the software architecture of the code base written to interface the ADF7030 Daughter card with the EV-COG-AD3029LZ.
a.) EV-COG-AD3029LZ (left) b.) AD-GEAR-DISPLAY1Z (middle) c.) ADF7030 Daughter card (Right)
* Two of each is required. One for the Transmitter setup and the other for the Receiver setup.
This section contains hardware related information about AD-GEAR-DISPLAY1Z, EV-COG-AD3029-LZ and the ADF7030-1 Daughter card. Links are provided to the WiKi page of the target COG-AD3029-LZ, the Schematics, BOMs and technical documentations at the end of this page.
* The AD-GEAR-DISPLAY1Z board is required as it acts as the interface between EV-COG-AD3029LZ and ADF7030-1 Daughter Card.
|EV-COG-AD3029LZ pins||ADF7030-1 DB|
|GPIO18 / SPI2_CLK||SCLK|
|GPIO19 / SPI2_MOSI||MOSI|
|GPIO20 / SPI2_MISO||MISO|
|GPIO39 / SPI2_CS3||CS|
|GPIO01 / INT_PIN0||GPIO3|
|GPIO35 / INT_PIN1||GPIO4|
|GPIO35 / TRG_PIN0||GPIO5|
|GPIO35 / TRG_PIN1||GPIO0|
|GPIO03 / RST_PIN||RST|
This section contains software related information about AD-GEAR-DISPLAY1Z and the EV-COG-AD3029-LZ and the application. Links are provided to the user guides, BSPs, software tool chains and the example project at the end of this page.
A library consisting of ADF7030-1 specific drivers are provided for interfacing the radio module with the host controller.
The example software provided consists of the following,
* The example application requires ADuCM302x-Rel2.0.0 BSP for IAR to be installed.
* The system specific APIs like SPI, UART, GPIO etc and present in the ADuCM302x-Rel2.0.0 BSP .
* The Radio control APIs are found in the Driver files provided within the project application folder.
* The 3 different projects (OfflineCalibration, RX_packet and TX_packet) share the same workspace but only one of them can be set as active at a time.
This section covers the various steps involved in getting the RX_packet and TX_packet application code to run on EV-COG-AD3029LZ after the hardware setup is done.
Following are the steps involved,